Where will we be going sans children? We'll be heading to the IF conference in our area! I saw information about this conference a while back and didn't think too much of it. Then someone posted it in our mom's group with more information. There were too many reasons not to go, like taking the time to make sure B was free that weekend, and sign up...so, like, two reasons... two lazy reasons..., when I saw my friend post that she wanted to go if it worked out. Hmmm.. a weekend for myself with the bonus of hanging out with a friend? I responded as a maybe and eventually remembered to talk to B about the dates.
IF is a women's conference for women all over to go deeper into the truth that IF God is real... then we want to live like it. I'm not certain, but I think the point of these two days is to allow space.
Space to be in fellowship with other women.
Space to quiet your heart and mind.
Space to read, pray, and sing.
Space to be encouraged.
Space to listen.
Space to reflect.
That's exactly what this mama needs!
I'm thankful for my baby daddy who is hanging out with the boys this evening and all day tomorrow. Yes, I know "dads aren't babysitters" (I think that phrase has been going around.). I also know that being the solo parent on a Saturday after a full week of either working a paying job or taking care of your kids isn't exactly restful.
So, thanks Babe!
IF this sounds like something you need, too, check to see if there is a gathering in your area! They will be live streaming here.
Their website is also worth checking out.
No comments:
Post a Comment